This Privacy Statement applies to the website www.visitflanders.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The Website is operated by VISITFLANDERS, with registered office at Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels, registered under company no. 0225.944.375.
1. Aim of this Privacy Statement
VISITFLANDERS cares about your privacy and always acts in this respect in accordance with the stipulations of the Belgian Law on Privacy (Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data) which will be replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on May 25, 2018. In this privacy statement we would like to inform you on the processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement or about the protection of your personal data by VISITFLANDERS please contact us through one of the channels mentioned in title 9 of this Privacy Statement.
2. What personal data do we process?
2.1. Data tha you provide us
If you wish to receive periodic communications from VISITFLANDERS, you exolicitly grant us your permission to store and to process all personal data that you submit or confirm through our online form or through the confirmation form that we have sent your by e-mail.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
3.1. Data that you provide us
The data that you provide us through our form may be used by us to delive newsletters and/or other communication, which:
- inform you on new features, services and tourist products in Flanders and Brussels;
- invite you to events organized by VISITFLANDERS or its partners;
- allow you to participate in contests and inform you regarding its proceeding and final result;
- are necessary for us to comply with legal obligations.
You may choose which type of communication you wish to receive from VISITFLANDERS through your preferences, which can be changed at any time.
We distinguish functional cookies and non-functional cookies.
- Functional cookies are essential for the website to work. For example, a so called 'session' cookie which makes sure that our website recognises you the next time you visit it;
- Non-functional cookies are not essential for the website to work. For example, we use analytics cookies to analyze which parts of our website are popular and which parts could be improved.
It is possible to manage your cookie preferences or to block non-functional cookies through the settings of your browser. Moreover, you can remove cookies that were installed on your computer at all times. The exact procedure depends on your browser. When you block and/or delete cookies, you may not be able to make use all of the functions of our website.
4. Transfers of personal data to third parties
To maintain and improve our services we sometimes invoke third parties, e.g. developers and IT-suppliers. Where necessary for the services provided by these third parties, your personal data may be transferred to them. We conclude contractual agreements with these third parties to ensure that they only process your personal data according to our instructions and that they always meet the same degree of security and confidentiality as we do. VISITFLANDERS maintains responsible for the processing operations carried out by third parties.
At the request of the government, or to comply with other legal obligations, some of your personal data may be transferred to official authorities. For example, in the context of legal proceedings or judicial investigations.
5. How long do we retain your data ?
We never retain your personal data any longer than strictly necessary to fulfill the objectives for which the personal data was originally collected (see title 2 of this Privacy Statement). In addition, we delete your personal data without undue delay at your request (see title 6 of this Privacy Statement).
6. Withdrawal of your consent and other rights regarding your personal data
Regarding your personal data, you have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent, wholly or partially, to process personal data;
- by revoking one, several or all preferences for receiving communication by VISITFLANDERS;
- by changing your cookie preferences in your browser (see title 3 of this privacy notice);
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request rectification of your personal data;
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Request the portability of personal data (this means a request to transfer your data to yourself or to a diferent organisation where prescribed by law);
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
All requests regarding the above-mentioned rights may be submitted through one of the channels mentioned in title 9 of this Privacy Statement. If we are unable to work out a suitable solution together, you have the right to file complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
7. The Protection of Your Personal Data
VISITFLANDERS does everything within its grasp to prevent misuse, loss, theft, unauthorised access and other unwanted action regarding your personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with national and European legislation and guarantee the protection of your rights. Our Data Protection Officer and Information Security Officer make sure these measures are monitored regularly and kept up to date.
8. Modification of this Privacy Statement
VISITFLANDERS can modify the Privacy Statement at any time. All updates and changes come into force immediately upon publication on this website. Therefore, we encourage our users to consult this Privacy Statement regularly to stay informed about the latest changes that can have an impact on you. Important changes shall be communicated through common communication channels.
Should we intend to process your personal data for purpose other than those for which the personal data has been obtained, we will inform you about these intended processing activities, their purposes and any other relevant information through common communication channels prior to the further processing.