Long distance routes
Between October 2020 to July 2021, Flanders is launching eight new exciting icon cycling routes, which together form the Flanders Route. These themed routes, ranging from mid-length to long distance, will follow the official cycling network. The routes will connect the charming Flemish regions and art cities in a sustainable, healthy way.
The signposts for the old LF routes will be gradually dismantled from 9 November 2020 and will be completely gone by the start of spring 2021. If you would like to cycle on one of the old routes during this period, you can use the GPS routes on the website, Grote Routepaden: fietsen.groteroutepaden.be/nl/fietsroutes/lf-netwerk-vlaanderen (only availble in Dutch).
Overview of the new routes
- Coastal route: 26 October 2020
- Maas Route (already available as the EuroVelo 19 route and International Meuse Cycling Route): signs will be placed in the style of this series by January 2021
- Front Route ’14-’18: March 2021
- Kempen Route: March 2021
- Scheldt Route: April 2021
- Art Cities Route: May 2021
- Green Belt Route: May 2021
- Hills Route: June 2021
- Flanders Route: June/July 2021