Enjoy one of the treasures of the North Sea. Ostend sole is a great dish to make at home.
Put on your apron and start cooking with this recipe for sole in white wine, with mussels and Flemish grey shrimps. Bon appetit!
Sole in white wine Recipe
- 4 ready-to-cook soles
- 1 dl freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 dl dry white wine
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 dl cream
- 200 g butter
- 2 kg mussels
- 500 g deshelled Flemish grey shrimps
- 1 egg yolks.
- Arrange the ready-to-cook soles in a large greased oven dish
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with lemon juice and white wine
- Add the bouquet garni and cover with a greased sheet of kitchen paper
- Poach until done in a medium hot oven.
- Keep warm when cooked
- Meanwhile cook the mussels and remove them from their shells
- Remove the fish from the oven dish and sieved the cooking liquid from the oven dish
- Pour the sieved cooking liquid from the oven and the cooking liquid from the mussels into a small pan.
- Add the cream
- Bring to the boil and allow to thicken
- Beat the egg yolk in some lemon juice
- Add the mussels and shrimps and thicken further by adding the egg yolk
- Remove from the hob and stir in some knobs of ice-cold butter
- Arrange the warm soles on hot plates and cover in the sauce
- Serve with mashed potato.