Welcome to the VisitFLANDERS Trade Covid-19 Website
Latest information on Covid-19 and travel here.
From 1st August on you are required to fill in a Passenger Locator Form 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium, if you travel to Belgium or you return to Belgium after a stay abroad. Click here for the Passenger Locator online form.
More useful updated information about the situation in Belgium can be found on European website
„Re-open EU“ here.
The COVID Event Risk Model helps you organise a COVID-safe event. Click here for more information.
Travel with our YouFlanders app - the app helps you to make the right choice when travelling through Flanders. It lets you see which places are quiet or busy. Moreover, it gives you practical information about health and safety measures. Click here for more information and/or download.
Here is a summary highlighting key information (last update 30 July, 5:00 pm):
- The golden rules remain in force, namely:
- respect the hygiene regulations
(wearing of face masks & washing/disinfecting hands: in public places where social distancing cannot be guaranteed and mandatory on public transport for all travellers from the age of 12)
- organise activities preferably outdoors
- take extra precautions for people belonging to risk groups
- unaccompanied events (think daytrips, informal gatherings or family parties) are limited to 10 people, not including children. Exceptions are summer camps and playground activities
- respect the physical distancing of 1.5 meters
- face masks are mandatory: at markets, flea markets and fairgrounds, in shopping streets and in all busy places (private or public) as determined by the local authorities, in all public buildings for the parts accessible to the public, in cafés, restaurants and hotels, except when you are sitting at the table.
Wearing a face mask remains highly recommended in all other cases, especially in situations where the safety distance cannot be guaranteed.
- Borders & Travelling:
- from 1st August on you are required to fill in a Passenger Locator Form 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium, if you travel to Belgium or you return to Belgium after a stay abroad. Click here for the Passenger Locator online form
- - as from 15th June 2020, Belgium opened its borders for travels to and from European Member States and/or members of the Schengen area (Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway) and the United Kingdom (in total 31 countries). The countries are now divided into red, orange and green zones. Click here for the regulary updated list of the zones.
- travelling to Belgium from outside Europe will be taken at a later stage
- see the information on the relevant foreign ministry website
- since 8th June 2020 all accommodation (hotel, b&b´s, campings, holiday homes) reopened
- advance reservations are essential
- social distancing of 1.5 meters, wearing of face masks is essential, only one person is permitted at the check-in desk and no hand-shaking
- access to disinfectants by guests and staff, disinfection of room keys guaranteed
- holiday/vacation homes: max 10 people per group in one unit
- Museums, historic buildings, sights, castles and zoos:
- open since 18th May 2020 (with restrictions)
- only individuals and families, group access not yet possible due to limited number of visitors
- mandatory advance online ticket purchase (in certain cases with a requirement for a particular time slot)
- disinfectants are made available onsite
- Gastronomy / Restaurants / Bars:
- restaurants, cafes and bars reopened their doors and terraces on 8th June 2020
- wearing a face mask is mandatory except when you are sitting at the table (waiters have to wear face masks)
- only seated table service permitted
- tables have to be spaced apart at least 1.5 meters
- advanced reesrvations are recommended
- max. group size: 15 persons
- closing time: at 1 am the very latest
- guests at cafés and restaurants will be asked to give an email address or a telephone number, so that they can be notified in time of an infection. This information will be destroyed after 14 days and cannot be used for any purpose other than to fight the Corona virus.
- Guiding and Tour Escorts
- a group for a guided tour can consist of a maximum of 20 people
- social distancing of 1.5 meters, wearing of face masks is essential
- Cultural and sportive events:
- from 29th July 2020 onwards, cultural activities and performances are allowed for a maximum of 100 persons at indoor events, and 200 persons at outdoor events.
- Further restrictions include: wearing of face masks, audiences to be seated, social distance keeping of 1.5 meters and purchasing tickets online in advance.
- amusement parks, arcades, casinos and cinemas as well, will all reopen at this date under those strict conditions
- from 1st August 2020: village fetes and funfairs may go ahead
- Receptions & group activities: from 1st July 2020 on a maximum of 50 persons will be allowed
- Festivals and other big events attracting masses of people:
- cancelled until 31st August 2020
- All kinds of shops are open in the meantime again.
Night shops have to close at 10 pm. Restrictions: face masks are obligatory, social distance 1.5 meters, hand hygiene, electronic payment. Shopping is limited: you have to shop alone. An exception applies to minors or people who need help. You can stay in the store for a maximum of 30 minutes, except when you have an appointment.
- Health & Safety: The Belgian State health care system provides free emergency care for visiting EU citizens, under the same terms as locals, using the European Health Insurance Card, EHIC (formerly E111). Anyone else requires private health insurance – e.g. tourists, as part of their travel insurance – in order to be able to recoup any potential costs, and recieve any non-emergency care (including repatriation) etc.
Click here for more information.
(the information contained in this website is subject to change without notice)
We hope to welcome you and your guests soon, with twice the heart, love and hospitality.
Warm regards and take good care of yourself,
Your VISITFLANDERS TRADE TEAM